Sales and Territory Manager
Reports to: Director of Sales and Marketing
Business Unit: Golf Apparel
Supervises: 10 Manufacturer Representatives
Location: USA – Significant Golf Market
The Sales Manager will represent an established line of women’s golf apparel on behalf of the manufacturer/distributor and is designed to be a multi-task opportunity for involvement in all channels of golf sales distribution. The Sales & Territory Manager will direct sales in a specific territory, such as Southern California and will play a critical role in developing, achieving growth and exceeding sales targets both personally and for the larger team. Outside of direct sales, the primary responsibility will be managing sales representatives (~10 sales reps) as the link between their needs and the company. This role includes, but is not limited to, establishing sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales targets for regions and territories, evaluating current the sales force, hiring / training and developing new sales reps, implementing national sales programs and monitoring results, managing key accounts (such as PGA Superstore and Worldwide Golf), and working to increase the sales at a national level. This position will serve as the marketing lead for promotions, e-mail blasts, point of purchase, and web activities, in collaboration with the North American marketing team. The position will also assist in the merchandising of collections, including line direction, colors, and styling, suitable for the US market. The Sales & Territory Manager will assist in projecting purchases required for the US market, and will plan and organize trade shows presence. This individual must be highly motivated, independent, creative and possess excellent people skills.
- Implement internal/external sales programs for the women’s line of golf apparel within assigned channels/retailers/accounts as both a direct sales agent and as a manager with oversight of the U.S. sales team comprised of 10 sales representatives.
- Open new major accounts and increase revenue opportunities in existing accounts by improving the image and vision/opportunities of the apparel brand.
- Work with sales reps, corporate management, marketing and creative teams in the development and execution of sales growth strategies and execution.
- Travel with sales representative teammates to support sales efforts.
- Establish sales objectives for 10 field sales reps by forecasting and developing annual sales targets for regions/territories and monitor their annual performance to these goals.
- Manage sales performance evaluation tools to analyze product sales, accounts, reps and overall sales performance.
- Evaluate territory representatives, hire new reps, train new reps, and replace underperforming reps.
- Provide territory performance data to upper management on a regular basis to help determine the performance of products in the market.
- Serve as the sales liaison to the internal corporate departments (creative, customer service, marketing, accounting, etc.).
- Input and track orders in the company’s ERP system and utilize excellent customer service to follow up and follow through on orders.
- Flexibility to lead individual territory sales as well as effective management of 10 sales reps.
- Complies with corporate work policies. Reliable, predictable sales-related travel and communications are essential
- Regularly demonstrates the vision and values of the parent organization.
- Foster an environment of teamwork and cooperation.
- Encourage safe and clean work environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate ability to lead and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to define and articulate departmental needs and processes.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
- Ability to achieve companywide objectives when directing projects and analyzing and reporting information.
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- 5-7 years of successful sales and sales management experience in the sports apparel industry (golf industry highly preferred).
- Experience with golf majors.
- Flexibility, as the successful candidate will need to be selling in their territory, as well as managing the sales reps and relationships/sales with the golf majors.
- Well-established network of contacts, business relationships and experience within the golf industry – specifically the retail community and organizations.
- Experience in translating marketing plans into effective sales strategies in the apparel industry.
- Entrepreneur-minded with the proven ability to be autonomous and lead US-based business development.
- Quantifiable accomplishments in development of attainable and aggressive sales goals.
- Outstanding relationship-building skills and client-centered approach to partnership development.
- Strong sense of initiative.
- Ability to travel and work regularly and effectively.
- Strong sense of data analysis to interpret sales results and stock levels as essential business drivers.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products with a specific focus on Excel.
Please contact our executive search consultant, Peter Davis, of Snodgrass Partners, Inc. by e-mailing your cover letter (outlining your interest in the position and how your experience and background will make you successful in the position), confidential resume, and list of references (three minimum) to email@example.com.
Senior Director of Marketing
Reports to: SVP – Foundation and Mission Services
Business Unit: Foundation and Mission Services
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Provide leadership and direction in support of the Envision mission, vision and strategic direction through the effective management of comprehensive marketing/advertising, communications, PR, digital channels, and analytics to validate and drive success. Develop and implement strategic marketing plans and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) analytics to support the Envision divisions supported by this position. Ensure leadership to direct internal and external operational efficiency, delivery of gold standard products and services, customer satisfaction, and brand awareness in order to increase visibility, awareness, and support of Envision.
Strategy and Management
- Develop, implement and lead the strategic Envision Marketing & Communications Plan and objectives for assigned areas. Establish operational objectives and work plans. Delegate projects and ensure timely completion.
- Responsible for the achievement of the goals and objectives of the Marketing & Communications Plan. Develop, measure and monitor KPI analytics related to Envision goals and objectives and report progress to the SVP – Foundation and Mission Services and other individuals/groups as directed.
- Develop and monitor the annual operational budget and the business and financial affairs of assigned areas.
- Enhance operational effectiveness, emphasizing cost containment without jeopardizing innovation or quality.
- Seek out new partnerships, collaborate and network with sister NIB agencies and community groups to establish Envision as the thought leader for communications and marketing.
- Stay informed of developments in the fields of marketing, communications and public relations, professional education, not-for-profit management and governance.
- Act as an internal marketing consultant to design and implement strategic solutions and effective messaging for institutional priorities and project-specific goals.
- Oversee promotions and publicity for the organization and related Envision events.
- Lead regular market research and trend initiatives on behalf of the Organization.
- Hire and supervise direct reports, providing guidance on day-to-day tasks, training, time management, employee evaluations and performance management.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintain compliance with established safety policies and procedures.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
- Monitor and evaluate all print and electronic marketing and communications plans (including but not limited to logo, collateral, letterhead, web design, and social media) to improve adherence to brand standards and enhance the Envision image and overall brand.
- Direct strategic initiatives that maintain and grow the Envision brand within relevant B2B and B2C channels and marketplaces.
- Direct internal efforts to ensure that the Envision philosophy, mission and vision are pertinent and practiced throughout the Organization.
Content Strategy and Management
- Collaborate with internal customers to determine specific marketing and communication needs and ensure strategic marketing plans are developed annually in support of these needs to drive the success of each.
- Create, implement and measure comprehensive marketing, communications content to enhance the Organization’s position within the B2B and B2C marketplaces.
- Facilitate internal and external communications across all channels and mediums.
- Oversee the execution of successful marketing, communications, and public relations activities and materials including but not limited to social media, publications, media relations, community involvement, and client acquisition.
- Oversee the content of direct mail initiatives with the Development group to raise awareness and increase revenue streams.
- Ensure briefs are prepared for the CEO and other senior leaders as needed.
Press and Public Relations
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships within the community including media, business, community groups, allied health professionals and other external partners.
- Ensure consistent communication and actively seek opportunities to promote the Envision mission and further the success of the Organization’s programs.
- Guide the strategy on press outreach, including messaging in press releases, creation of press materials, interview preparation, and responses to media requests.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, public relations or related field required; Master’s degree in a related field is desirable.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in marketing, communications or public relations roles, with at least 5 years of management/supervisory responsibilities.
- Experience in not-for-profit sector strongly preferred.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate creatively and concisely.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential communications as well as public relations issues.
- Experience in generating high quality collateral materials.
- Strong management skills, emphasizing teamwork and excellence.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products as well as internet research.
- Passion for the mission and not-for-profit work.
Please contact our executive search consultant, Peter Davis, of Snodgrass Partners, Inc., by e-mailing your cover letter (outlining your interest in the position and how your experience and background will make you successful in the position), confidential resume, and list of references (three minimum) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since its inception in 1933, Envision has been driven by the simple goal of creating meaningful paths to independence for people with vision loss. Employment has always been central to this objective.
Envision has become one of the largest employers in the nation of individuals who are blind or visually impaired under the direction of President and CEO Michael Monteferrante. Hundreds of workers with vision loss fill critical roles in manufacturing, sales, customer service, management, administration and more. Envision has more than 500 staff members in all. Envision employees, whether they are visually impaired or typically sighted, work side-by-side to further our mission and foster a work environment centered around inclusiveness, understanding and respect.
Headquartered in Wichita, Kan., Envision’s mission to improve the quality of life and provide inspiration and opportunity for people who are blind or visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education and research is brought to life by:
Envision Industries, providing a steady stream of income to support Envision’s mission while furthering the goal to create meaningful employment opportunities for people who are blind or visually impaired.
Envision Vision Rehabilitation Center, promoting an enhanced quality of life for patients as they learn new ways of doing everyday tasks with the help of EVRC licensed and certified low vision professionals who work in partnership with optometrists and ophthalmologists.